Rev. Cynthia James
Sunday, April 29
This month we are honored to host the inspiring, charismatic, powerful Rev. Cynthia James. Her singing and teaching will allow all of us to connect with our Divine Feminine; caring, cooperative—and SO powerful!
April 2018 - Alive in the Material World
We are imbued with a life force that animates, breathes, and activates us. We call this force God, and so we understand ourselves to be God-beings. But this life force is alive in our material body. The universe itself is the incarnate body of God, and we are Its incarnations. We are the body of God!
We talk about the God part of ourselves quite a bit so I thought it would be interesting to explore the body part.
- On Easter Sunday we’ll celebrate our ability to come alive again and again and again.
- On April 8, Nancy Mitchell-Edwards will talk about the beauty of the physical itself.
- The following week, we’ll have a Taize-style service of prayer, poetry, meditation and discussion around the idea of expanding our souls in our material bodies.
For the final two weeks of April we wil be exploring the connection between our spirituality and our physicality.
- On April 22, we’ll look at the masculine side—digging into our courage, adventurousness, fearlessness and loyalty.
- And on the final week of the month we are honored to host the inspiring, charismatic, powerful Rev. Cynthia James. Her singing and teaching will allow all of us to connect with our Divine Feminine; caring, cooperative—and SO powerful!
—Rev. Patrick Soran